We are running a Knowledge-a-thon challenge to raise funds for technological equipment to support our students’ learning. A couple of parents approached the school to offer their time and efforts to organise this fundraiser in appreciation of the work the school does for all students in the community. We appreciate, are very grateful for, and support their initiative and we hope all our school students and families will also get behind their efforts. We hope that each class might raise $1000 (about $35 per student on average).
Fundraising efforts by past students have enabled the school to buy a van, sports equipment, a laser cutter, 3D printers, sewing machines.
The Challenge for students:
- Learn 100 facts. Questions and answers are provided in a booklet
- Teachers will encourage students to set goals
- Find sponsors, eg a set amount per correct answer OR a donation
- Fill in sponsors’ details on the form provided
- Phone and talk with people you know seeking sponsorship. Some parents and caregivers may use their social media accounts seeking sponsorship for their children
- Bring the sponsorship forms back to school during the week from Monday 21 October to Friday 25 October
- Give these to class teachers
- Challenge day is Friday 25 October - The 100 fact Challenge Test.
- Students will have a copy of their sponsorship form returned indicating how they went in the Challenge Test.
- Collect money from sponsors
- Bring all collected money and sponsorship form to the office the week 29 October - 01 November
- Parents or caregivers may make an online payment for the total amount of sponsorship money collected by their child. Using name and class in particulars field and "Knowledge" as the reference code with the payment into account: 030855 0468119 01Please note only one online payment per student
- If making online payment the form still needs to be returned to school - with a note indicating the date the online payment was made
- Rewards will be given to the classes or pod that return all their sponsorship forms and collected money the quickest
- All students are eligible to enter the draw for spot prizes as soon as they return the sponsorship form together with all their collected money
Thank you for supporting the students with this challenge.